The Solar Branco Eco Estate is a proud socially responsible business. As part of our commitment to the environment and to the Azores where we live we have created The Ocean Azores Foundation. It is early days as we build our hotel but we aim to start in the right way and move forwards step by step with our hotel as well as the environment around us.
The Ocean Azores Foundation will look to fund ocean based research and conservation projects based on all islands of the Azores. The aims are to give back to the community and environment that we now call home. Funding will come from sales of Baleia Gin, as well as guest donations, donations from the Solar Branco Eco Estate as well as events hosted on the grounds.
Our goals are to:
- Increase protections for cetaceans in the region and ensure their long term survival
- Funding projects that may include marine conservation, reduction of plastics, and related education and research
- Make charitable donations to non profit organisations based on the island of São Miguel
We will work towards achieving these objectives by:
- Investing our resources in selected community projects that are well-run and that will drive lasting social change
- Funding multi-year partnerships
- Providing funding for organisations that promote marine sustainability and sustainable tourism
- Sharing with our stakeholders and the community the outcomes of the projects we support
If you are interested in knowing more about The Ocean Azores Foundation click here